I think this would or could be an easy Thanksgiving to overlook all the good in the world because there is so much hardship and pain right now. I know that I have been hit hard this week with circumstances and situations that have just brought me to my knees in tears and prayer - for family and for friends. It is easy to get bogged down in the hurt and feel helpless - but I have felt such a pull to really stand up and do anything that I can to help. God has blessed us and has been faithful and in return His call is for us to do the same for others. It may only be prayer, a hug, an encouraging word - but God isn't only in our big works, He is just as much in the little things as well.
I am thankful for...
my husbnad and my children. For our warm house and clothes. For the food on the table and that in which we are able to share with others. I am thankful for my parents and my siblings and for the ability for all of us to share this Thanksgiving together. I am thankful for my faith and for my freedom to share it with others. I am very thankful for all of the men and women who serve in our armed forces who fight and defend the freedom we all live in and for their families who are strong and courageous as well. I am especially thankful for good friends who are there to love and support me in the good times and the bad - who are honest even when it is hard to be. I am thankful that my daughters have the ability in this country to dream big and be educated so that one day they can stand up and make their own marks on this world. I am thankful and blessed to have a personal relationship with God our Father and know that someday when my life here on Earth is over I will live eternally in Heaven. I am blessed - no matter what way you cut it or what angle you look at it from. This Thanksgiving I am blessed and so very thankful.
God has given me so much and I hope that I live a life He can be proud of. Am I perfect - NO, I am not. Do I do the best that I can - I hope so, it is what I strive for. I do have a heart for God though and my hope would be that that is something that others see when they look at me.
May your homes be filled with blessings this Thanksgivng. May you have your friends and family near to you!
1 comment:
Absolutely, Mindy... thank you for reminding all of us of all that we have to be thankful for and for having the right attitude this time of year! I think your heart for God and others is extremely evident. :)
Post a Comment