Sunday, April 13, 2008

Yesterday

So yesterday I had to go to Walmart in the morning to get all the things I needed for Jenna's birthday party! Brett offered to go, and hindsight being 20/20 I totally should have let him go! But I am stubborn and I didn't want to have to make a list and so I said I would go. I get my cart and load it up with food and drinks and the birthday cake and head to the checkout. Walmart was crazy busy of course and I just wanted to get home and rest for a little bit. So I get all checked out and tell the lady at the cash register that I also need 2 bags of ice. So I get everything loaded into the cart and pay my bill and head over to the ice to pick it up on my way out the door. I open the door and take 2 bags of ice by the tops and start to pull them out - and they both have big holes in them and ice goes EVERYWHERE! I just wanted to cry at that very moment! So now I'm searching for someone to help me - can't find a Walmart person to save my life. The register workers won't pay attention to me. People are just walking through the ice! So finally I get it taken care of and get 2 new bags of ice in my cart and head to my van. And should I have know my bad luck wasn't over - YES! My 24 case of coke falls off my cart onto the parking lot and explodes. Cans of coke are rolling all over the parking lot! I seriously didn't know whether to cry or scream. And of course - no one is stopping to help me. They just all keep walking by. Until finally an angel came to my rescue. This nice lady stopped and helped pick up the pop cans and helped me get everything to my van. I was so touched! So I get everything loaded in the van and I'm on the way home when a car in front of my stops short. And wouldn't you know my bad luck wasn't over. I had bought 4 things of strawberries and they all ended up on the floor of my van. When I got home I walked in the door and let Brett take over. I was totally spent. He cleaned up the strawberry mess and unloaded the groceries for me! Holy cow! What a morning!

1 comment:

Corie said...

ugh, what a horrible trip! I have had shopping experiences like that, where it just makes you swear you're never going to a store ever again. :) At least it sounds like you didn't have the girls with you...?