Saturday, October 25, 2008

Fall Family Fun

It was our big Fall Family Weekend. We do this every year and always have a lot of fun. Some years we take a big trip and some years we just chill close to home. This was a chill close to home year and I have to say it turned out well. I did have a really nice time!

Thursday was my day to plan from start to finish. We ate breakfast at my house and then just hung out for a while until lunch. We ate lunch and then headed for the Zoo. The girls were so excited to get to take everyone and show them their favorite things. Since it is so close to halloween the Zoo is fully decorated too - the girls really got a kick out of that!

Jn* got to ride the roller coaster for the first time and had a blast! She absolutely loved it! Jh* was a little upset that she didn't get to go, but by next year she should be tall enough to join her sister. They both got to ride the train and the merry-go-round though.

Jc* had a good time being passed back and forth between Grandma and Grandpa. And of course he is sporting the Colts hat this year! GO COLTS!

And before leaving we paused for a family photo. We'll have to work on the cheese as everyone didn't want to cooperate! :)

Friday was Aunt J's day to plan. While I went to my MOPS meeting the rest of the crew headed out for brunch and some shoe shopping. I caught up with them at the bowling alley. This was the first time the girls got to bowl and they had a lot of fun! My first game was awesome - I stepped up to the alley and hammered out a strike on my very first try. However, my second game was pretty sad! :( Fun was had by all though!

Friday afternoon the women went shopping for stuff for the wedding while the men kept the kids. Later that evening Brett and I got some alone time....yeah. We went out to Bennihanna's for or 7 year anniversary. It was really nice to be out just the two of us (yep - even the baby stayed at home!). The food was fabulous and the comapny couldn't be beat! I had a great time just chatting with my hubby with no interuptions!

Saturday was the conclusion to our weekend. We started out with brunch at Uncle N's. We all came dressed in our costumes for the Family Costume Contest - also a family tradition complete with ballots and awards.

Picture 1: Jn* being hidden by the cane is Snow White, the man in the mask is B* doing his impersonation of Uncle N* in his old age. Then it's me, the doormat. And Jh* as Cinderella.
Picture 2: Jh* as Cinderella, Grandma as Snow White, and Jn* as Snow White.

Picture 1: Aunt J* as the Goth Bride, and Uncle A* as a convict.
Picture 2 Grandma and the girls

Picture 1: Dad as the clown, Uncle N* as Dr. Justin Case, and Mom as Snow White
Picture 2: Me and the kids

Picture 1: Jn* with dad's nose
Picture 2: My siblings and me

Aunt J* and I tied for Most Creative Costume. Mom won Most Realistic Costume. And I can't remember who got Best Costume....okay I'm gettting old.

It was a great weekend I must say. Next year Disney is on the radar.....so I've got to start planning now! :)

No comments: