Sunday, October 5, 2008

Weekend Adventures




Saturday after lunch we headed to Grandma and Grandpa's garden to pick the pumpkins that the girls planted earlier in the season. They girls loved it! They had so much fun filling their baskets! Little J* stuck close to mommy, but loved watching all the fun. Next year he'll be right in there too, I'm sure!


Sunday on the way home from church Jn* asked Grandpa what was in the fields along the way. He explained to her about the corn and how the farmers would pick it and then what they'd use it for. As my little curious thinker goes - she needed to see it for herself. So we took a little walk over to the field next to Grandma and Grandpa's house. The girls enjoyed looking at the stalks and even peeling back a couple to see the corn inside.
I LOVE the fall. It was just a perfect weekend. Not too hot and not too cold! I wish it could stay this way all year long!!!!

2 comments:

Valerie Stash said...

That looks like fun. I wish we could grow pumpkins...Your parents house seems to be a lot of fun.

Diana said...

Great pics! How much fun for the girls!!!