Wow! What a week it has been in my household. Saturday night at midnight we were woke up by Jh* who had puked all over herself and her bed. We cleaned her up and made a new bed on the floor in our bedroom and went back to sleep. We were then woke up several more times by our little angel. Poor thing! She was really sick! Then at 3am Jn* came in and was sick! OMG! We cleaned her up and the bed and got everyone settled and back to sleep. I think B* and I saw every hour on the clock from midnight on that night.
Wednesday B* started not feeling so hot and ended up staying home from work. Wow! This flu bug was taking our house by storm!
And then the dreaded Thursday came. Yep - mama was sick. I told B* I wasn't feeling well as I rolled out of bed, but thought I could tough it out. I was WRONG!!!! By 10am I was done. I called B* at work and asked him to come home and get the kids. I couldn't do it anymore. Every inch of me hurt. So by 11am B* was home and took the kids from my care. I spent all day in bed. ALL DAY! It was awful! So awful that I would use the phone intercom to call my husband and ask him to bring me drinks of water and medicine! So awful that every time I moved I cried out in pain! Oh man was this flu nasty!!!! By 5:30pm I felt like coming out of my room and headed for the couch. I was greeted by my sweet family sitting at the kitchen table having McDonalds.
I have to say my husband was such a trooper. He took the kids at a 2pm birthday party at the sprinkler park and then took them to their 4pm swimming lesson. He stopped on the way home and picked up supper and then played with the kids, got them ready for bed, and tucked them sweetly in for the night. What a guy! I was so very impressed. He told me though that he doesn't know how I do it every day! :) Yes, the life of a stay at home mom is not glamorous and at times is very difficult, but always worth it!
Today I'm still a little sluggish, but on the whole feeling much better! I HATE to be sick! Luckily it doesn't happen very often! But huge kuddos to my husband who was my Knight in Shining Armor yesterday. I love you honey!!!!
1 comment:
yuck, that is NO FUN. Hope everybody's feeling better! And kudos to your hubby, not only for being a good daddy that day, but for actually telling you he didn't know how you did it every day... those words are worth a million bucks!
Post a Comment