Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Where?

Where do you go when you are lost, when you don't know which way to go. Where do you go when you are standing all alone in the darkness without a light or a sound to guide you? Where do you turn when there isn't a hand reaching out to help pull you up?

The only place left to go is to my knees - bowed down in immediate and emergent prayer.

I ask - how did I get here? And the answer staring me in the face is that I got here by turning the other cheek. I got slapped and I turned the other cheek and I got slapped again. And so I turned the other cheek only to continually get slapped. So I ran - I ran and I ran and I ran, but all that running has gotten me no further from what I was running from then the day I started running.

My heart hurts.
I surrender....................

1 comment:

Amanda Dittmer said...

I'm thinking of you and you will be in my prayers!