Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I'm Addicted to Facebook

So I had taken a little sabatical from my Blog due to my new found addiction with Facebook. How sad am I! Seriously! But I can't help it! I LOVE Facebook. I've been able to reconnect with friends from high school and college and keep up with friends in far away places that I'd kind of lost track of. However, I have found my way back to my Blog as well and am trying to carve out time each day to post. I LOVE my Blog. I think it is such a fun outlet!

So a friend sent me an article (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tara-stiles/help-im-addicted-to-faceb_b_166726.html) entitled "Help! I'm Addicted to Facebook" It is a good read for those fellow Facebookers! And if you're not on Facebook you need to be....(hint hint Corie! Come to the dark side!) So I thought I'd way in on "The 10 Warning Signs You Are Addicted to Facebook"

1. Facebook is your home page.
Okay I'm not here yet.....I still have to type it into the web browser - I haven't even made it a
link!
2. You update your status more than twice a day.
Guilty as charged - although I don't feel an urge to run to my computer to update my
status...so I guess that is a positivie.
3. You have over 500 "friends" half of whom you've never actually met.
I've met everyone in my friends list - so I'm good on this point.
4. As soon as you step away from your computer you're on FB on your phone.
I admit I've been on FB on my phone, but just because I had free time.
5. You are a FB stalker. You qualify as a FB stalker if you
a) click on someone's profile more than once a day even if they haven't messaged or tagged you in a photo.
b) have dragged and dropped more than 3 FB photos (not from your own profile)
c) actually go to a place mentioned on someone's page in hopes of seeing them in real life...creepy!
Again - good on this point. I'm not a FB stalker.
6. You change your profile picture more than a 12-year=old girl.
I've only changed mine twice. I'd like to change it again though. I need a good picture!
7. You have checked your FB page while reading this article.
Nope. I do have some self control! :)
8. You clean up your "wall" so it looks like you spend less time on FB.
Not yet, but if my husband ever joins FB I may have to start doing some housekeeping! :)
9. You are a member of more than 10 groups and respond to every event invitation "attending" even if you have no intention of going.
I do respond to things because I don't like when people don't respond to my things. So I do it
out of respect and courtesy. And I always respond properly.
10. You change your relationship status just to mess with people.
I don't do this either! But I could see where it would get some attention.

So I'd have to say I'm not that bad! I think my hubby might say differently, but based on this top ten list I'm good!

If you're not on FB you need to try it out! Make sure to look me up!

1 comment:

Corie said...

Oh, I'm glad you're regularly updating on here! I really don't know if I can take all the social pressure and popularity issues associated with Facebook! Not to mention that I seriously do not need another thing to make me addicted to my computer. You all are welcome to keep trying to persuade me, but I think I'm gonna be a tough sell! :)