Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Weighing in on Idol

So I've been asked to be the 5th judge on American Idol! Just kidding! But, here is my take on what went down tonight......


Jackie (*)
Seriously! What was she wearing! Who thought that outfit was a good idea? And those vocals? I think she needed to work a little more on her singing and a little less on working the stage! Yeah....sorry Jackie maybe next year!

Ricky(****)
I thought his vocals show a lot of promise! He shows great voice control. Definitely has some pipes on him! However, I have to question the tight pants he was wearing...hmmmmm. Is this going to be a continuing theme tonight?

Alexis (****)
Girrrrlllllll! That was really great! I thought her vocals were pretty strong! Love her hair! I really like the blues!

Brent (**)
First I have to say I really do like Country music....but I'm not so sure of his song choice. For me his performance was just average. Nothing outstanding. Nothing remarkably rememberable. I will say he is adorable though.
Stevie (*)
Ohhh I really don't want to say anything bad....but that really wasn't very good. I think it was just a poor song choice and maybe a little inexperience. She is young! Stevie I think you need to keep practicing and come back in a few years.
Anoop(***)
This guy amazes me because I wouldn't expect that voice to come out of him! I like him. I don't know if he can win it all....he'll need to really step it up. But I think he did a good job tonight.
Casey (***)
Okay she is absolutely adorable! And Every Little Thing She Does is Magic is one of my favorite songs. However....it was just okay for me. Nothing terrible, but nothing special. I kind of think she was just trying to hard. Maybe a wildcard choice???
Michael(**)
Song choice people! Check it! Again...not the best choice of song for him. Several spots where he was super flat and it just wasn't anything memorable. I don't think it will be good enough to get him any further in this competition.
Ann-Marie (**)
She is beautiful! Wow! Okay...so maybe a little nervous. I think I heard some quivers and a few flat spots. However I liked it overall! I really like the song she picked! It's just a good overall song! I like that she didn't try to overpower the song or fancy it up too much! I think she deserves to go on to the next round but I'm not sure she'll get that chance.
Steven (*)
I really wanted to like him....the performance just didn't do anything for me. It was just kind of blah! I don't know.....I wouldn't vote him through at this point.
Tatiana (***)
First...what is she wearing! Sista...if you're going to sing Whitney you've got to bring it in the wardrobe department as well! Okay! I have to first say this girl annoys the crap out of me! But! She can sing! So on her singing abi1lity I'd have to put her through. I just don't know if I can take all the weeks of her personality! I'm torn! She's a wildcard for me!
Danny (****)
I have to say he is just one of my favorite contestants. I don't think he "brought it" tonight which was disappointing. But the man can sing when he picks the right song and lets loose! I hope he goes through because I would be very sad to see him leave the competition so soon!
  • So my top guy is Danny
  • My top girl is Alexis
  • And the third person to go through would be Ricky
  • Possible Wildcards would be Anoop and Tatiana

Let's see how I do!

Mindy...out!

No comments: