Goodbye 2010.......Hello 2011!
I've decided that I'm resurrecting my blog in 2011! When I first started this blog it brought me a lot of joy. This blog has been used as an insight into my life in many ways and through many seasons of my life. It has been a recording of many happy and wonderful moments, as well as an outlet for heartache. What will be in store for it in the upcoming year, I'm not sure. However, I'm up for the challenge.
The New Year always encourages us to examine parts of our lives that need improvement. Many people write down resolutions for the upcoming year, resolutions that most commonly quickly fall the wayside as our busy lives get into full swing. While I was driving the other morning and listening to a local radio station they were talking about New Year's Resolutions and how easily they can and often are broken. They started talking about picking a theme word for the year and working towards that word. I immediately liked this idea. And just as quickly as my mind was able to wrap itself around this concept, my word popped into my head - REBUILD. Wow! Could it really be that easy? Could this really be my word for 2011? Is this where I needed to focus my energy? I decided that before I could commit to this word for the whole year that I really should ponder it and pray over it. And so I went about my day and I have to say it was amazing how many times this word popped into my head. It seemed to me that God was showing me that this was my word. This was where I should focus my energy in 2011. So there you have it. Mindy's word for 2011 is REBUILD, sounds great right? But what does that mean? Where am I going to go with that word?
Friendships....I am going to use this year to focus on some key friendships in my life. There are definitely some relationships in my life that I have let some time and space get a hold of and I want to make a stronger effort to spend time with these dear people. I also have some newer friendships that I want to tend to and grow. As women, I think, that often we can define who we are by the friendships that we hold. Due to some past events I really had closed myself off in the last year because I questioned who I was, what I had to offer, and feared getting hurt again. However, 2011 is going to see me come out of my shell,, take some chances, and spend time cultivating strong friendships.
Confidence.....I am going to do my best to stop worrying what others think about me. I cannot control what others think and say. The only thing I can control are my actions and my words. If the things that I do and say are done and said in love then I need not worry what others are thinking. If I can spend this year focusing on doing things that build others up, I will in return be building myself up as well.
Adventure.....I am going to try new things without fear of failing. I am going to stop being scared that I might fall or that people might laugh at me. If I see something and I want to give it a try I'm going to go for it - no more excuses. I used to love this about myself and it's time to get back to that person I used to love and respect.
Family.........I am going to spend more time with my husband and my children. I am going to find things for us to do as a family and make some sweet memories.
Oh 2011, I have some big plans for you! I am planning to find myself buried beneath all the walls and disguises that I have put up over the last couple of years. I am going to stop making excuses. I am going to stop being afraid. I am going to stop living in my isolate comfort zone and step out into a world that has so much to offer. This is the year that I take back what I have lost and move forward to pursuing that person that I know that I can be.
So here it goes....win, lose or draw!
No comments:
Post a Comment