Thursday, July 10, 2008

Clutz

So last night my Bible Study group got together for our end of a study supper! We had a really grea time eating and chatting and laughing! Before I knew it it was 10pm and I knew Jacob would be hungry and ready for bed. So I loaded everything up an headed out the door. And then my clutz gene kicked in! I stepped off the side of the sidewalk, lost my balance, and fell to the concrete - HARD. My knee screamed out in pain as well as my foot and my wrist. However, my first concern was Jacob. Luckily he was tucked safely in his carseat and never even woke up even though the carseat hit the ground with a THUD! When I got into the van I looked at my wrist and it was bleeding, but just had minor scrapes. So then I looked at my knee. I had ripped a hole through my jeans and my entire knee was one big burn! OUCH!!!! And of course since I was wearing flip flops my toes had some scrapes too! Oh let me tell you! I am such a clutz! I was born with the gene and keep hoping that I haven't passed it on to any of my kids!


So here are some of my stellar clutz moments:

*6 months old - Second degree burns over top half of body from neck to belly button. I flung myself out of the bouncy seat into a cup of coffee.
*5 years old - Dislocated my elbow when the neighbor girl jumped on my back while I was doing push-ups.
*6 years old - Broke my wrist while trying to manuver stairs on rollerskates
^6 years old - Got stung by bee and learned that I am extremely allergic. Went to the ER because my hand was the size of a baseball mitt!
*7 years old - Got 8 stitches in the bottom of my foot because I cut it open on an exposed swingset bolt.
*15 years old - Broke my wrist when I fell off the back of my friends moped.
*17 years old - Broke my pinky toe on my bedroom door when I got excited about a phone call from an FSU recruiter.
*18 years old - Broke my wrist when I fell ice skating on my parents pond
*18 years old - Broke off a sewing machine needle in my finger when I ran my finger through the sewing machine. Had to go to the ER to have it removed.
*19 years old - Broke my thumb when I lost control skiing and slid down the mountain on my chest.
*20 years old - Skinned my belly from hip to hip and belly button to, well you know, when I jumped into the shallow end of our pond aiming for a raft and missing hitting the sand on the bottom. OUCH!
^21 years old - Got stung by a bee coming out of church and had to go the ER for a shot.
*30 years old - Had a cyst removed from my arm and the day I had the stitches out I ripped it back open and had to go to the ER.
*32 years ol - Broke my cheek bone when I accidently got wacked by a camera.
*There have also been numerous times when I've broken fingers and toes along the way! I have also had a lot of sprains and strains that required me to be on crutches.

Yep that's me! A real clutz! :)

4 comments:

Valerie Stash said...

I have been thinking about you and that fall....I hope everything is healing OK!

Corie said...

Holy cow, that is insane! I, knock on wood, have never had to go to the ER for an injury ever... and here you are with a whole lifetime of them by the time you're in your thirties! I never would have pegged you for a clutz, you always seem so graceful and agile. :)

Heard from Val about your fall on Wed... hope you're feeling less sore today!

teeto2 said...

Oh I didn't know you fell...ouch. Hope you aren't too sore still. Although I will say unless you ran into the bee(s) in some sort of game of chicken that really can't be defined as clutzy just poor luck. :)

Diana said...

Oh my gosh Mindy!!! I didn't even know about the fall on Wed. - and when you ran down the list of events - I'm thinking we should wrap you in bubble wrap @ our next Bible study and pray over you for safety - especially your wrist, fingers, and toes as those seemed to be hot spots for injury - in your next 30 :-)