Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Wedding

Daddy and his girls
Pretty in White.....Jenna

Yesterday was the big wedding for Jenna's uncle. I have to admit it was a very stressful day for me, but we made it through it all. Jenna looked beautiful and did a fabulous job as the flower girl. She was very meticulous about throwing the flowers as she walked down the aisle. However, they forgot to tell her that she didn't need to pick the petals back up. So once she had made it to the front of the church she wanted to go back and pick them up. I had to convince her it was okay to leave them on the ground.

The kids did not go to the reception with us and it was nice to get to sit at a table and have adult conversation. I got to enjoy a warm meal, a delicious piece of cake and a dance with my handsome husband. All in a two hour timespan without children asking me questions or needing something!

So although it was a stressful day - it had its perks too.

4 comments:

Denyse said...

Oh my gosh mindy! The girls look absolutely beautiful! I can not wait to hear all of the details. Maybe we can squeeze something in tomorrow.
Brett looks very handsome, and I would love to see a picture of all of you.......

Valerie Stash said...

I must agree the family looks very beautiful! I a glad through all the stress you were able to enjoy certain parts!

Corie said...

So beautiful!

I'm sorry it was stressful! The last wedding I went to, for MY husband's brother, was also so stressful for me. I cried at the reception in the bathroom in the middle of the toasts... at least your reception sounds like it was relaxing! :)

Diana said...

What a beautiful family you have! So glad you got some down time @ the reception just to be (and eat cake too!!!) :-)