Sunday, July 6, 2008

July 4th Weekend

Our 4th of July started bright and early as we had to be up, dressed and out the door by 9am. Even though it was a little cool out I was determined for the kids to wear their cute red, white and blues for the day. I think they looked adorable!!!!

We made it to Portland by 10:30am in time to meet Grandma and Gramdpa in town for the big 4th of July Parade. The girls walked away with a ton of candy - which we "forgot" at Grandma's house! Oops!!!! Believe me though - they had more then their fair share over the weekend while we were there.



Saturday the men golfed in the morning and mom and I stayed home and played with the kids. Then later that evening we went up to visit Great Grandma and Great Grandpa. They were so excited to meet "Little Jake". Jacob got his name from his Great Grandpa (Jake).
The girls had a great time fishing in the pond again this weekend. They caught a ton of fish - all bluegills this weekend! It was the perfect weather for fishing. Even I enjoyed just sitting out by the pond watching them fish. It was nice and relaxing!

Jenna and Jessa were really into the worms this weekend. I'm not sure why. They loved picking them out of the can and carrying them around. It didn't surprise me that Jessa would do that, but for Jenna this was a huge shocker. She is usually my prissy girly girl! But not this weekend. She was all about the worms. Maybe next time we'll make them go out and hunt them!!! When we were all finished fishing Saturday night dad let the girls just toss the rest of the worms in. You should have seen the fish come for them at the waters edge! Wow! And Jessa was just winging those worms as hard as she could into the water! It was really funny!
Just a few sweet pictures of the girls fishing. The first one is Jessa and Grandpa! The second one is Jenna and her Uncle.

It was a really nice weekend! The girls love going up to Grandma and Grandpa's so they can be outside in the sandbox and out at the pond fishing. It is nice to have 5 acres to just run around and explore! That is one thing I definitely miss living in a subdivision. But at least they get to do it somewhere right!

2 comments:

Diana said...

The picture of "Big Jake" and "Little Jake" is so great! I didn't know you had named him after his Great Grandpa. It's looks like you guys had a great weekend! Kudos to the girls for handling the worms! The kids look so cute in their red, white and blue! I think you should write a manual - you go to fun activities with the girls, always know what's going on in the area for kids, you have this precious little new born but have not skipped a beat with MOPS stuff and Bible study and look - all your kiddos dressed in red white and blue for the 4th of July and a pitcure - a great one @ that - is there anything you can't do?!?!? :-)

Katy said...

The kids look so cute in their red, white, and blue. I love the picture of the 3 of them on the couch, where Jenna is holding Jake. Her eyes are so big! Too cute!