Friday, May 9, 2008

Bad Day

Okay really, it hasn't just been a bad day.....it all started to fall apart about 2 weeks ago. I think the stress of moving, amoung a few other things, has just finally caught up with me. I've been in a funk the last couple of days and I can't seem to kick myself out of it! How sad is that! I just feel absolutely overwhelmed and frustrated to no end.

Today I seriously had one of those days that if I could have just walked out the door and gone on vacation by myself I would have gladly done it. I felt the walls closing in on me and the air was getting thin. I just need a break! Not just a break - a vacation. A step away from everyday reality into a world of relaxation and freedom.

I know things will get easier. I just keep telling myself that and I guess the frustration is that is still hasn't come true. About 8 months ago I concluded my general unhappiness was that my life was at a crossroads and I needed to make some decisions about the direction I wanted it to go. And at that time decisions were made, plans were set and I felt better. My life felt like it had meaning and purpose. But here I am again feeling at a crossroads. This time it is definitely not in the same areas of life that it was 8 months ago because those things still feel very much on track. So I can't really explain it. Something just feels really off to me. Maybe if I can put my finger on it this frustration and feeling of overwhelment will go away. I just keep praying that God will work in my life and through my life for His greater good and purpose.

5 comments:

Corie said...

Oh Mindy, you know I'm with you on this one, big time! Everything you said in the first part of your post just completely imitated how I've been feeling this past couple weeks. Maybe it's something in the air. Or I've been complaining so much at Bible Study that it's catching on... oh no! :)

Here's to hoping that you (and I both) get our heads and hearts turned around and start feeling some peace (and quiet?? please, children!) soon. I'm available for venting if you ever need to! because I can definitely relate.

hang in there!

Diana said...

I hope that you are able to find peace soon - well deserved and well needed! God uses you to touch so many people - you are so great at inspiring, encouraging and lifting others up! He truly works through you and you radiate His love and it touches all who come in contact with you!

Diana said...

I hope that you are able to find peace soon - well deserved and well needed! God uses you to touch so many people - you are so great at inspiring, encouraging and lifting others up! He truly works through you and you radiate His love and it touches all who come in contact with you!

Katy said...

I totally understand. The search for purpose has been one of my "things" for a while now. I do hope things get better and there is a glimmer of light. Like Diana said, you touch so many lives and are so encouraging and selfless. I am so thankful to have met you! Thank you for introducing me to MOPS and new friends! I'll pray that your journey will just get better and you will find some peace!

teeto2 said...

I think it must be a mom thing at some point for all moms. I felt displaced for the past two years. I am sure the trick is realizing we are right where we should be, but its obviously not that easy. ::Hugs::